Autumn International Rugby Matches 2014
The 2014 Autumn International series saw a slight shift in the balance of power among the top rugby nations. In contrast to previous years, the northern hemisphere teams competed well with their southern hemisphere opponents. A welcome development with Rugby World Cup 2015 on the horizon.
Among matches contested between Tier 1 nations (Six Nations and Rugby Championship teams), there were 6 matches won by northern hemisphere teams and 8 matches won by southern hemisphere teams. If the points in those matches are tallied, the final score was 309-324 in the southern hemisphere's favour, which goes to show how finely-balanced the Autumn International series has become.
Ireland led the way for northern hemisphere teams with impressive wins over South Africa and Australia. England and Wales gained morale-boosting victories over Australia and South Africa, respectively, on the final weekend of the Autumn series. Elsewhere, France beat Australia and Scotland beat Argentina.
The only southern hemisphere team that remained unbeaten throughout the Autumn series was, of course, New Zealand. The All Blacks remain a class above everyone else in all aspects of the game.
Autumn Internationals 2014 Fixtures & Results
Click on the links below to view further details about each match. *All kick-off times in GMT.
Saturday 1st November 2014
Saturday 8th November 2014
- Italy 24-13 Samoa at Stadio Cino e Lilio Del Duca, Ascoli Piceno 2:00pm
- England 21-24 New Zealand at Twickenham Stadium, London 2:30pm
- Wales 28-33 Australia at Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 2:30pm
- France 40-15 Fiji at Le Nouveau Stade Velodrome, Marseille 4:45pm
- Ireland 29-15 South Africa at Aviva Stadium, Dublin 5:30pm
- Scotland 41-31 Argentina at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 5:30pm
Friday 14th November 2014
- Italy 18-20 Argentina at Stadio Ferraris, Genova 4:15pm
Saturday 15th November 2014
- England 28-31 South Africa at Twickenham Stadium, London 2:30pm
- Wales 17-13 Fiji at Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 2:30pm
- Scotland 16-24 New Zealand at Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 5:30pm
- France 29-26 Australia at Stade de France, Paris 8:00pm
Sunday 16th November 2014
- Ireland 49-7 Georgia at Aviva Stadium, Dublin 2:30pm
Saturday 22nd November 2014
- Italy 6-22 South Africa at Stadio Euganeo, Padova 2:00pm
- Scotland 37-12 Tonga at Rugby Park, Kilmarnock 2:30pm
- Ireland 26-23 Australia at Aviva Stadium, Dublin 4:30pm
- Wales 16-34 New Zealand at Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 5:30pm
- England 28-9 Samoa at Twickenham Stadium, London 7:00pm
- France 13-18 Argentina at Stade de France, Paris 8:00pm